Sports Day News
As you will have seen on the newsletters over the last 3 weeks, it is Sports Day on 26 June at 1:30 pm. We are excited to be trying a new format for Sports Day – we hope it will work but please bear with us on the day.
How it will work:
- The children will be divided into 4 colour teams.
- Children come to school in their PE kits, wearing a shirt with as much of the colour of their team as possible (red, blue, yellow and green).
- The children will be sitting in their start positions for a prompt 1:40 start.
- There are 12 stations for the children to move around plus 2 drink stops
- All children will move with their teacher and TA to every activity
- After each event, the teams will be scored 4,3,2 or 1 points.
- At the end of the day – we announce the victorious colour!!
- The gates will open at 1:30, please be on time.
- The gates will be locked for safeguarding reasons at 1:50. Late arrivals will need to go to the office. The office will have their normal jobs to do, please be aware there may be a wait to be let in.
- Parents can walk around the events. It will be impossible for you to see all events for all of your children, you will be busy walking around the circuit.
- Please do not attempt to take the children away from staff as there will be a large number of adults on the playground and we must ensure we know where the children are.
- At the end – the children will sit down and can be dismissed from the playground.
- If we finish early, children will be able to leave with their parents.
- No children or parents will be allowed into school. In light of security, the doors will be locked and the KS2 toilets will be opened.
- Cheer and support in a fun and encouraging way!
We will have to assess the safety on the morning in case it has rained overnight. We will try to make the decision by 11:00am. I will keep my fingers crossed for great weather!
We look forward to sharing our Sports Day with you!