Dear Reception Parents,
Please click the ‘Children’ tab at the top of this page and choose EYFS learning from home activities. This is where myself and Mrs Hussain will be uploading daily activities
Welcome to Reception!
Thursday 5th March 2020
World Book Day
Come dressed as your favourite book character.
Join us for our Phonics/Reading workshop at 9am.
We have been investigating which container holds the most water. The children predicted the taller container would hold more water.
Chanelle - It's tall.
Ilyas - It will hole more, it's the biggest.
Sara W - It's very tall.
Yara - We can check it with a spoon.
During the investigation, we learnt the shorter container more water as it was wider. The tall container held less water because it is narrow or thin.
We have been practising the rules of counting.
1. You say the numbers in order, starting with one.
2. You touch each item once.
3. The last number you say tell you how many.
Can you practise counting at home?
The day of the bees
Today we have been celebrating 'Brookfields Bees'. An estimated 100,000 bees were in the hive.
Besides feeding themselves when they collect pollen, they pollinate many of the plants we eat. Did you know that bees are dying out? We can help bees by planting bee-friendly flowers.
Please share your child's class library book and Phonics based reading book at home.
How to help at home:
• If children see print around them and realise the purpose of it, it will help them see why reading and writing is important and encourage them to want to learn it.
• Point out to them labels, signs, headlines, adverts, newspapers, comics etc.
• Help your child read numbers and letters in the environment.
• Sing songs nursery rhymes and poems with your child.
Look for rhyming words in songs, books and poems.