National Lock down 2021
Parents should have received an email about accessing our remote learning lessons and learning platform.
All children have a BGFL username and password, this is the same username and password for teams.
Staff will be setting work and videos to this platform and your child's work can be assessed and feedback given when they complete the activities online.
Additionally all children have a username and password for:
-Active learn - here they will be able to access bug club reading books and maths resources
- TT Rockstars (Y3-6) or Numbots KS1
- Study Zone - Years 3-6
We are conscious that most families have multiple children and possibly only 1 device. We have timetabled each year group to ensure all children should be able to access face to face teaching for 1 hour a day. Other lessons are pre-recorded so you can support your children to access their learning around other online commitments.
We have 27 government laptops that we can loan out. Please complete the form above if your family has NO device to access the learning. We will assign the laptops based on the greatest need. E.g a family with secondary school children who do have a laptop will not be as high priority as a family with no laptop.
Below are all the documents you will need to understand how we are operating safely when children work from home and how we will be maintaining your child's education if they have to be away from school due to COVID-19.
1) If your child has to self-isolate due to someone in your household becoming unwell, or being a close contact of someone who tests positive, we will do the following:
- provide work books
- call daily
- set work on our remote platform BGFL 365 which the class teacher will monitor over the week.
2) If your child's class has to self-isolate we will do the following:
- provide workbooks
- Have live sessions from 9:30-10:00 and 1:15-1:45 each day (On for 1 hour a day if all children are at home to enable families to share devices.)
- Set lessons with videos and teaching support for English and Maths
- Mark work daily
- Set activities for all subjects for PM sessions
- Be available on BGFL 365 to message for support or to set up a Teams chat for support.
National or local lockdown will depend on the terms that we have to meet for the government such as staying open for vulnerable children or key worker families. However, Option 2 will be the main focus for all children in this scenario.